Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Fort Drum . . . Here We Come

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it. hahaha *snort*

A'hem . . back to being a tad bit more serious. :)

Most everyone knows that we got our orders from the Army and we will be stationed at Fort Drum, New York. We are excited even though the general information from people is that because of the snow we will hate it. We are staying positive.

Michael and I thought that a place totally different from Texas would be fun. I guess we will see.

The main concern right now is finding housing and keeping us all warm when we get there. Which will be in about 3 weeks. Wow . . . that is crazy to say.

I have lived outside of Texas before, for a short while, but Michael hasn't until he went to BCT. This will be very new to him and the kiddos.

With everything new there are moments of fear and anxiety, but I believe it will all work out to be the best thing ever. I am thrilled at the thought of having four seasons . . . even if winter dominates most of the year. ;)

There are other fears as well. This duty station seems to deploy a lot. That is a whole other ball of wax in my anxiety department. God will watch over us. I know this. So I will try to have peace.

Here are some links to info on Fort Drum. Enjoy!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Drum,_New_York
http://www.drum.army.mil/Pages/index.aspx

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=38.586385&lon=-85.930535&zoom=6&q1=Greenville%2C%20tx%2075402&q2=Fort%20Drum%2C%20NY%2C%2013603 Hoping this one works. :)

Blessings,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment